Response to COVID-19
For the safety of passengers and operators and per new CDC guidelines, Sun Metro continues to require face coverings when riding our services. Sun Metro is taking the necessary precautionary measures to ensure the safety of our passengers and employees alike. We are in constant communication with our City Leadership team along with national and local partners, to include transit associations, to stay informed of the latest Coronavirus (COVID-19) updates.
In light of current circumstances, please rest assured that we are looking out for your best interest making your health and safety our highest priority. As part of our focused efforts to maintain our services at the highest level we are taking the following steps:
Increasing Cleaning Services:
- Buses, Brio and LIFT
Our fleet undergoes a scheduled cleaning process nightly upon returning from service. This includes cleaning out debris, sweeping and mopping of floors with industrial disinfecting products, wiping down the operator's area and washing the exterior. We have increased our cleaning efforts as follows:
- Additional cleaning crews are cleaning buses in high-touch areas (stanchions, hand rails, seat rails and fare boxes) when they arrive at the Downtown and Eastside Transit Centers. Passengers will be asked to deboard the bus momentarily so cleaning crews can do their work.
- A detailed cleaning process takes place once per month, through a third-party contractor, to ensure all areas of buses are sanitized. This includes, but is not limited to the cleaning of internal sections such as ceilings, windows, grab rails and fare boxes.
We are maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness at all of our facilities to ensure our passengers and employees are safe. Our facilities are cleaned daily with industrial disinfect solutions. This includes sections such as, high traffic surfaces, counters and door handles. We will be increasing our cleaning services as follows:
- Doubling cleaning efforts after service ends
In order to encourage social distancing a few changes have been implemented for the safety of our passengers and employees.
- Passengers with mobility devices are highly encouraged to schedule their ride through LIFT services (1) one day before planning a pick-up. Details can be found on: sunmetro.net/lift/scheduling-a-pick-up
- Passengers displaying COVID-19 symptoms or who are COVID-19 positive, should not to ride Sun Metro.
- Passengers with disabilities who are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms may call LIFT services for special accommodations
- All LIFT/Sun Metro operators are required to wear a face mask to protect themselves and passengers
New Customer Service Hours:
Sun Metro reduced customer service hours allowing representatives flexible work schedules to abide by the newly implemented ‘Stay Home, Work Safe’ Order changes. New Customer Service hours are as follows:
- Monday through Saturday: 8:00AM – 5:00PM
- Sunday & (city-designated) holidays: closed
The modified customer service hours follow reduced service hours for FIXED, LIFT and Brio routes. Sun Metro also offers an online option: contact.sunmetro.net to assist with customer service and reduce call wait times.
Passenger and Employee Safety:
We are continually monitoring, assessing and responding to the COVID-19 situation and distributing educational materials to our passengers and staff. As such, we have placed CDC approved posters at all our facilities that encourage passengers and employees to practice proper hygiene and avoid close contact with others. It is everyone’s responsibility to practice the following preventative measures:
- Stay home if you are feeling sick
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Cover your cough or sneeze into your elbow
LIFT Call-In Services
Passengers MUST contact Sun Metro LIFT Services at least (1) one day before their desired scheduled pick up time through the following options:
Customer Service Phone Number:
Customer Service Hours:
Monday through Saturday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Sunday: 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Sun Metro offers several additional services that are consistently available to you:
- Sun Metro App: Helps you plan your trip, see route schedules and next departures
- Trip Planner: Helps you plan your trip from the comfort of your home before going to the bus stop
- QR Code Placards: Scan the QR Code found at all bus stops, to get bus time arrivals in real-time