We Saved the Best Seat For You!
Great careers in public transit are waiting for you. Sun Metro is hiring and offers a wide range of employment opportunities to include transit operator, fleet technician, administrative and facility maintenance positions.
Job seekers who don’t have a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) but are interested in applying for transit operator positions are encouraged to apply for a transit operator trainee position. Sun Metro offers extensive on-the-job paid training to assist individuals with earning a CDL.
- CDL Safety Incentive
- Service Time Increase
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- City Pension Plan
- Deferred compensation
- 11 City holidays (including employee's birthday)
- Personal Days
- Health insurance options: Medical, Dental and Vision
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance ($50,000/employee and $2,000/spouse at no cost to the employee)
- Yearly uniform and shoe allowance
- 6 Wellness Clinics city-wide
- Wellness Program Incentives
- U-Matter Award
- Perfect Attendance Incentive
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-site gym
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Free bus rides for employee and spouse
- Personal Development and training opportunities
- Promotional opportunities and much more!
View our step-by-step guide to creating a profile to submit a job application.
Have a CDL?
Sun Metro offers a paid Transit Operator Trainee job to individuals interested in working toward becoming a Transit Operator. Other minimum qualifications required.
Fleet Body Repair Technician: Texas Class C Driver’s License at time of application. CDL not required.
Part-Time Work Available
Sun Metro offers flexible part-time jobs to include transit operator positions. Please fill out the our Part Time Work form and we’ll contact you about part-time job opportunities.